Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids are hard to cook for, but over the summer I cooked for friends' children quite a bit. They love this - every time, to me there really seems to be something with kids and garlic! Anyway, it's fast, and not too expensive to make.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed and melted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- lettuce, shredded,to garnish
- tomatoes, diced,to garnish
- black olives, sliced,to garnish
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place on med.
- Sautee garlic and onion together until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef to skillet and brown, drain mixture.
- To the ground beef mixture, in skillet, add next 5 ingredients, stir until completely combined, adding milk if needed to improve the consistency.
- Spread each bun with some sour cream, and spoon mixture onto each one, just like with sloppy joes.
- Garnish as desired with lettuce, black olives, tomatoes, ranch dressing, whatever you like.