Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy and tasty.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 lb frozen potato, ore-ida potato rounds
- 8 ounces shredded taco cheese
- salsa, if desired (optional)
- 1 head shredded lettuce
- 1 -2 chopped tomato
- 8 ounces sour cream, if desired (optional)
- 8 ounces guacamole, if desired (optional)
- Brown the ground beef and drain very well. Return to pan.
- Add the taco seasoning and follow the directions on the package.
- When done, drain it again.
- Line a 9x13 pan with the tator rounds. I only put one layer, but you can put in more. Follow the instructions on the package and bake.
- When tators are 1/2 done, remove from the oven and spread the taco meat on top.
- Sprinkle the taco cheese on top of the meat.
- Return pan to oven and finish cooking the tators.
- When done serve on plates and add to taste the salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and quacamole.
Made for Spring PAC 2008 and my family loved this. This was a nice change from taco's. This was easy and quick enough to make during the week. I followed the recipe exactly as written and everyone enjoyed it. Will be making again.