Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very yummy, great easy alternative to regular tacos. I got this from a Pampered Chef.
- 8 (6 -7 inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 1 lb lean hamburger (The orginal recipe calls for Turkey)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 16 ounces salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend divided
- 1 green onion, with top sliced, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray bottom and sides of Deep Dish Baker (you can use a 9x13 dish too) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange four tortillas in bottom of baker, overlapping slightly.
- In large (12-in.) skillet, cook ground hamburger over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking burger into small crumbles. Drain, if necessary.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water; cook according to package directions.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the salsa.
- Spoon humburger mixture evenly over tortillas in baker.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Sprinkle half of the green onion over cheese.
- Top with remaining four tortillas, overlapping slightly and pressing down lightly.
- Spread remaining salsa over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onion.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with lettuce and sour cream.
This was a quick easy meal, that my family enjoyed making with me. I did take the last reviewers advice and added a can of black beans to the middle. I will make this again! Thanks for the recipe!
Used 6 1/2 whole wheat tortillas, torn in bite sized pieces; 1 chopped yellow onion in place of green onion; packet of taco seasoning in place of 2 tablespoons; and 8 ounces shredded Mexican mix cheese for the cheese. Other than that (whew!), made as directed and it was pretty tasty. Will add can of black beans to the hamburger mix next go round - will make again. Very easy; thanks for sharing!