Recipe by Mamayarnball
Very yummy, great easy alternative to regular tacos. I got this from a Pampered Chef.
Top Review by 1003166
This was a quick easy meal, that my family enjoyed making with me. I did take the last reviewers advice and added a can of black beans to the middle. I will make this again! Thanks for the recipe!
- 8 (6 -7 inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 1 lb lean hamburger (The orginal recipe calls for Turkey)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 16 ounces salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend divided
- 1 green onion, with top sliced, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray bottom and sides of Deep Dish Baker (you can use a 9x13 dish too) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange four tortillas in bottom of baker, overlapping slightly.
- In large (12-in.) skillet, cook ground hamburger over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking burger into small crumbles. Drain, if necessary.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water; cook according to package directions.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the salsa.
- Spoon humburger mixture evenly over tortillas in baker.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Sprinkle half of the green onion over cheese.
- Top with remaining four tortillas, overlapping slightly and pressing down lightly.
- Spread remaining salsa over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onion.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with lettuce and sour cream.