Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from sheer necessity (kids are home, can't get to the store,have to work with what I have kinda recipes.) My ingredient list is approximate because I never measure anything :) This recipe is fairly basic, but the sky's the limit for additions. I baked mine in the tin trays because the kids got a kick out of having their own 'take out' portion.
- Brown ground beef, with spices to add more flavor, drain fat.
- Cook your rice, this is great for leftover rice!
- To a large pot add kidney beans,chunky tomatoes, taco seasoning,ground beef,rice and spices.
- Simmer until warmed through.
- *At this point, I dished mine out into individual tin trays and baked for about 5 minutes at 325, as you can see in the picture. This step is not necessary.
- After plating add shredded cheese and lettuce to the top.
- Arrange nacho chips around the edge.
- Dollop with sour cream.