Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is sort of like taco chili. It is incredibly forgiving - substitute away. You can use the slow cooker or cook on top of the stove. Better the next day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced, divided
- 28 ounces enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 lb shredded cheese (I use cheddar or monteray jack mix)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- hot sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- sliced salad pimento stuffed olive
- tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef and 1/2 of onion (reserve rest for serving). Dump everything else in the pot and cook over med-low heat for about an hour. Or put it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with condiments to taste.