This salad is a must have at our family get togethers and it is a great weeknight meal for a hot summer night too! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 -2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 4 -6 cups Fritos corn chips
- Brown hamburger meat in frying pan. Drain off fat and return to pan with taco seasoning and water. Simmer meat an additional 3-5 minutes until most of water is absorbed. Allow meat to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix lettuce, tomatoes, onion, avocados, beans, corn, cheese, and cooled taco meat.
- Mix as much dressing and Fritos as you desire when you are ready to serve salad.
- If you mix them in too early, the salad and Fritos will be soggy.