Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is like a modified quesadilla. I like the buttery taste of the crust with the spice of the filling. I often used leftover grilled chicken in this recipe. If I use fresh salsa in the filling, I omit the additional tomatoes.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (or 2 rounds of your own pie crust recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450F.
- If using homemade pie crust, roll into 2 rounds (as if for double crust pie).
- Place pie crusts on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Combine mayo and salsa.
- Spread mayo mixture evenly over each pie crust.
- Sprinkle half of each crust with remaining ingredients.
- Fold untopped half of each crust over filling; DO NOT SEAL.
- Bake at 450F for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges (like a quesadilla) to serve.
- If desired, top with shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and additional salsa.
My family loved these. Easy dinner! I substituted ground beef with taco seasoning for the chicken. I will try with chicken next time.
I defrosted some chopped cooked chicken and this made for a quick, easy dinner aside of some rice. I omitted the onion and toppings for my 6 y/o son, who enjoyed them; and dipped them in sour cream. The crust was a bit sweet for my taste...just a personal preference. I bet this would also taste great with some leftover shredded pot roast or pork roast or browned ground beef. Thanks for posting!
I had some extra ready made crusts to use up and found your recipe. Boy am I glad I did! Was a big hit with the football fans today. Will definitely make again..and again..and again... Thanks!