Recipe by Ms B.
This is like a modified quesadilla. I like the buttery taste of the crust with the spice of the filling. I often used leftover grilled chicken in this recipe. If I use fresh salsa in the filling, I omit the additional tomatoes.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (or 2 rounds of your own pie crust recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450F.
- If using homemade pie crust, roll into 2 rounds (as if for double crust pie).
- Place pie crusts on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Combine mayo and salsa.
- Spread mayo mixture evenly over each pie crust.
- Sprinkle half of each crust with remaining ingredients.
- Fold untopped half of each crust over filling; DO NOT SEAL.
- Bake at 450F for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges (like a quesadilla) to serve.
- If desired, top with shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and additional salsa.