Recipe by Claire #3
This is a modified, lower fat version of the recipe that made the finals in this year's Pillsbury Bake-off.
Top Review by Teresa Fadley
This chicken was really easy to do, and had a nice Taco flavor. I like to have different recipes for oven fried chicken....as I try to make my families food healthier to eat.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half for 4 servings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (Progresso Parmesan Flavored)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (I used Old El Paso)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken breasts in large ziplock bag.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken in bag.
- Add one tablespoon of the taco seasoning to buttermilk/chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours (you could probably skip this but I find that buttermilk tenderizes chicken) Mix breadcrumbs, flour, remaining taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour some of crumbs on a pie plate.
- Lift buttermilk coated chicken breasts out of bag and roll in crumbs.
- Or, you could do the shake and bake method.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- If you have a rack you can set on the pan, spray that.
- Set chicken pieces on rack on in pan.
- You could also use a broiler pan.
- Optional: Spray chicken pieces with butter flavored Pam if you have some around.
- Bake chicken pieces at 375 for about 35 to 40 minutes.