Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
Works in Burritos too. You may add refried beans if you like them.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour
- red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 3 ounces beef stock or 3 ounces water
- 1 ounce white vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the flour, red pepper, chili powder, salt, minced onion, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- DO NOT include the cocoa powder.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients into the ground beef.
- Add the seasoned beef mixture and all the liquid to a crock pot.
- Sprinkle a little cocoa powder on the mixture.
- Cook on low for about 2 hours.
- Every 20 to 30 minutes, sprinkle a small amount of cocoa powder on the mixture, and mash with a potato masher.
- Remove meat and water to saucepan and simmer gently until water evaporates.