Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Your favorite taco ingredients all wrapped up in delicious roll dough and then baked to perfection. Watch Video At: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2284
- 12 rhodes frozen dinner rolls or 1 loaf rhodes bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced
- sour cream, if desired
- salsa, if desired
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll combined rolls or loaf into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Brown ground beef, onion and taco seasoning together and drain.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Stir tomatoes, cheese and olives into the meat mixture. Remove wrap from dough.
- Spoon mixture lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling.
- Begin braid by folding top & bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid strips left over right, right over left.
- Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream and salsa, if desired.