Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Found this in a magazine a couple of years ago and we have enjoyed it ever since. Great for lunch or supper.
- 1 package pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- green onion, slices (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- ripe olives (optional)
- chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Unfold pie crust; place in 9" pie pan.
- Prick bottom and sides with fork; flute edge.
- Cut 13 (2") triangle pieces from remaining crust; place around crust edge.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cook in large skillet: Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add chili beans, salsa and 1 cup of cheese; mix well.
- Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Fill: Spoon meat mixture into baked shell.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve and Enjoy!
WOW! How easy and yummy. Hubby is very critical and he LOVED it. Would have went for 3rds but he was so stuffed!! Yum yum! Thanks for posting.