Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This has mild flavors that my kids really like. Could easily be spiced up to suit your taste. Adapted from a Pillsbury recipe
Top Review by starrmommy
This was very good! I had some for lunch the next day and for some reason it seemed even better! I think next time I'll make it earlier in the day so it has time for the flavor to get through the whole casserole. It is a fun twist on lasagna!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the tomatoes and taco sauce.
- Add in the cumin, oregano, and chicken; stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, add the refried beans, sour cream, and garlic; stir to combine.
- Spread 1 cup chicken mixture into a 13x9 inch glass baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with 4 uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Spread half of the bean mixture over the noodles; then spread 1 1/2 cup chicken mixture over bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and half the onions and olives.
- Layer 4 more lasagna noodles, remaining bean mixture, 1 1/2 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- Top with 4 noodles, remaining chicken mixture, onions, and olives, then remaining cheese (make sure noodles are covered).
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (sprayed side down).
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake covered lasagna for 50 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 18-22 more minutes or until bubbly and heated.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.