These are a wonderful breakfast treat or great for brunch as well. Seem to be a hit with all age groups! If you prepare the salsa ahead or use your favorite store-bought brand you save yourself even more time. I like to make the recipe suggested, but it's up to you!
- 9 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded medium sharp cheddar cheese
- sliced or diced avocado (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- onion (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- pitted ripe olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up (or equivalent in fresh)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed (I usually mince)
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- FOR EGGS: Beat eggs milk and salt just until blended.
- Pour into greased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Bake in Preheated 325 degree oven for 20 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares; spoon salsa on top.
- Serve with condiments.
- FOR SALSA: In small saucepan bring all ingredients to boil; reduce heat; stirring occasionally, simmer uncovered 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Can be prepared a day or two ahead and refrigerated.
Just what I was looking for a new idea for breakfast.
Made for Easter Egg Tag. YUMMY...Easy and so satisfying! I used jar salsa and marble cheese...oh boy this was delicious.