Heather U.'s Note:
Dead simple egg rolls that would be great as an appetizer for a Mexican-themed dinner. Although hardly authentic, use of a packet of taco seasoning mix makes life easy. It's easy to see jazzing these up by adding extras like cilantro, cheese, corn, or black beans. As it stands, it's very tasty, so make plenty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely mince the cabbage in your food processor. Transfer to another bowl, sprinkle with the salt, and allow to drain for about 15 minutes. Squeeze out all the excess water and pour it back into the food processor.
- 2Brown the ground meat over medium high heat. Add the taco seasoning mix and cook until all the liquid evaporates.
- 3Pour the meat into the cabbage and pulse to combine. It'll be a reasonably fine mince.
- 4Start heating enough oil over medium heat that it'll cover the egg rolls by about 1 inch.
- 5Place about 1/4 c of filling on an egg roll wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water. Fold one point snugly over the middle. Now fold the two side points in over the filling. Continue rolling the rest of the way. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling until all are completed.
- 6Once the oil reaches 350F / 177C, you can fry up 2-3 rolls at a time for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Jalapeno pepper jelly, guacamole, and/or salsa would be perfect with this.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 276.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g