Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
We combined a few recipes one morning and came up with these! They can be spicier or milder depending on how hot your salsa is!
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with Pam.
- Warm the refried beans up a little in the microwave.
- Spread the beans in the middle of each tortilla and as you finish each one, form them into each of the muffin cups (you just need to put a fold in one side!).
- Put one teaspoon of salsa in the bottom of each cup and sprinkle the diced jalapeno among the cups, if using.
- Crack one egg into each cup, then sprinkle with some cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the eggs are set!
Great easy recipe! Smaller batches would be a great way to use up random bits of leftovers from a Mexican meal or party. I only needed two, so I used ramekins. These were tasty and filling. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
What a fun and delicious recipe. I purposely invited the neighbors over so I could try this out and they loved it! I did, however, eliminate the jalapenos as we are not big on too spicy. I do believe that the next time, I will add just a little bit of the jalapenos for a slight kick. Very good recipe, CadillacGirl, and thanks so much for sharing it. Can wait to make them again.
I only made two for myself and baked in 4-oz ramekins. Didn't use the jalepenos but rather pepper jack cheese. These were in the oven for close to 20 minutes but could have stood a few more. TFS