Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The tortillas crisp when grilled. Oh, and the avocado guac...oh my!!!
- 8 hot dogs
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and smashed
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas or 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare an outdoor grill. Bring a medium sauce pot to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, season the diced onion with about teaspoon of salt and set aside. The salt will extract the onion liquid and makes for a flavorful guacamole.
- Parboil hot dogs until heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the avocado, tomato, lime juice and cilantro with the chopped onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put some cheese into the center of each tortilla then top with salsa and guacamole, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Place dogs at end of each tortilla, wrap and roll the tortilla around the dogs then pierce with toothpick to secure. Spray with cooking spray and grill a few minutes on each side until brown and crisp.