Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyone who has tried this has complimented me. it came from a cookbook I used to have and if I remember it was from the Wisconsin Cheese board recipe contest.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded (If desired) (optional)
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced ripe
- 300 g tortilla chips, to serve along side
- Combine cream cheese sour cream, chili powder, and red pepper in large bowl. Mix until blended.
- Stir in salsa.
- Spread on 10 inch serving platter, lined with lettuce (if desired).
- Top with grated cheese, onion, olives, and plum tomatoes.
- Chill for 1 hour or more.
- Serve with chips.