Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is not your typical Taco dip, you know, the layered ones with the cream cheese & stuff...this is a "meaty" dip, different, but tasty! Got the recipe from my sister.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 bottle Catalina dressing
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- diced onion (can add a red pepper also if desired)
- Brown hamburger,drain fat,add 1 cup water and the taco seasoning.
- Cook 10 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat,transfer to a bowl and add the catalina,onion (red pepper, if using)& the cheese.
- Use Nacho chips for dipping.
One of my favouite dips, I have made this for several functions and it is always a hit. It is so addictive, once you start you can't stop until it's gone!!! Thanks again RhondaJ
I am the sister that gave this recipe to Rhonda...we make this one alot when going somewhere that men will be attending as well. Men love the meat...anywho just thought I would mention this dip is also yummy warmed up in the oven, the cheese melts into it and it's all warm & fuzzy! MMMMM.....
We love Catalina dressing so I just had to try this recipe. The only thing I did differently was to cook the onions with the ground beef because I don't care much for raw onions. This was really tasty with a good taco flavor, but not overly spicy. This would be great for a party as something different from the usual.