Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe adapted from a friend i knew in the mid 80's. The original recipe included chopped tomatoes, but i found the dip too soupy with them. I leave out the tomatoes and serve with salsa instead. This is also really great the next day if you leave out the lettuce as well. Adding browned and drained ground beef to the beans will make this a meal.
- 1 can refried beans (regular or spicy)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- tortilla chips
- Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Cut, remove pits and peel the avocados.
- Place in a bowl with lemon juice and Tobasco (if desired) and mash with fork or potato masher til smooth (some little chunks are okay).
- Gently spread over beans.
- Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning, stir well.
- Spread over avocado.
- Top with one layer each of lettuce, cheese, Green onion and olives (in that order).
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and salsa on the side or store covered in the refrigerator til serving time.
This was a huge hit! Excellent! Thanks for sharing