Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and kid friendly.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Brown meat,adding seasoning mix;
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- PRESS biscuits onto bottoms and up sides of muffin pan cups, making a "bowl".
- Fill with seasoned meat.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I made this recipe using home made biscuit dough instead of the canned. I drained all the fat off the meat after it was cooked and then added the seasoning to the meat. It looked very dry to me so I followed the directions on the seasoning packet and added 2/3 cup water and let it simmer 5 minutes before spooning into the biscuit cups. Baked for 13 minutes then sprinkled with cheese. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to like these. I was certainly surprised, especially considering how little effort goes into making them. La Princessa has decided they are to be called "taco muffins", and The Picky One actually ate about half of them. The only complaint from DH was "needs more cheese". They were very easy and quick to make; perfect for hectic weeknights.
Might make again but not sure cause it was just ok.