This is a Tex-Mex twist on the veggie pizza. The wreath is a nice presentation for the holidays, but the crescent rolls can be rolled flat and baked for a more traditional pizza-type crust. I use my own fresh salsa for the topping (on the side), but a chunky bottled version would work. The chipotle chiles add a nice heat to the creamy layer and their amount can be adjusted to your tastes. This recipe is from a Pillsbury appetizer cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (from can)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced and dipped in
- lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Invert a custard cup on center of ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3Do not unroll crescent rolls.
- 4Slice each log into 20 rounds (40 total).
- 5Arrange 16 slices, slightly overlapping and in a clockwise direction around the custard cup.
- 6Arrange remaining slices slightly overlapping each other and in a counterclockwise direction, close to but not overlapping the first ring.
- 7Remove custard cup from center of wreath.
- 8Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 9Gently loosen from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack (30 minutes, or until completely cooled).
- 10Combine chipotle chiles, sour cream, cilantro, mayo, sugar, salt and cumin in a small food processor.
- 11Blend until chiles are chopped finely and mixture is thoroughly combined.
- 12Place cooled wreath on serving tray or platter.
- 13Spread sour cream mixture over wreath.
- 14Decorate with olives, avocado, tomato, and cheese.
- 15Place salsa in a small bowl; place in center of wreath.
- 16Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Crescent Wreath
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 262.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo