Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a Tex-Mex twist on the veggie pizza. The wreath is a nice presentation for the holidays, but the crescent rolls can be rolled flat and baked for a more traditional pizza-type crust. I use my own fresh salsa for the topping (on the side), but a chunky bottled version would work. The chipotle chiles add a nice heat to the creamy layer and their amount can be adjusted to your tastes. This recipe is from a Pillsbury appetizer cookbook.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (from can)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced and dipped in
- lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Invert a custard cup on center of ungreased cookie sheet.
- Do not unroll crescent rolls.
- Slice each log into 20 rounds (40 total).
- Arrange 16 slices, slightly overlapping and in a clockwise direction around the custard cup.
- Arrange remaining slices slightly overlapping each other and in a counterclockwise direction, close to but not overlapping the first ring.
- Remove custard cup from center of wreath.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Gently loosen from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack (30 minutes, or until completely cooled).
- Combine chipotle chiles, sour cream, cilantro, mayo, sugar, salt and cumin in a small food processor.
- Blend until chiles are chopped finely and mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Place cooled wreath on serving tray or platter.
- Spread sour cream mixture over wreath.
- Decorate with olives, avocado, tomato, and cheese.
- Place salsa in a small bowl; place in center of wreath.
- Store in refrigerator.
I tried this recipe for Xmas and it was a huge hit! The flavor is perfect and I made it in the shape of an xmas tree. I made alittle extra of the topping mixture, but it does not keep at all, even overnight. It is not a big deal because I would be surprised if you have any leftovers from this dish anyways.