Recipe by Kim127
This looks like a fun dessert I found in a Mexican cookbook. I haven't made them yet. I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour 2006.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups fresh fruit, cut up (such as kiwi, strawberries, bananas, star fruit)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream (or heavy cream)
- 3 (6 ounce) bars semisweet baking chocolate, broken up
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- For the tacos; grease and flour three large cookie sheets.
- Cover the bakc spines of two 5/8 inch-thick books with foil. Stand each book, spine up, between two additional books.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, butter, water, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Gradually beat in flour and cocoa.
- Spoon 2 measuring tablespoons batter for each taco onto prepared cookie sheets, making 3-4 tacos per sheet. Spread batter into 4-inch circles.
- Bake 15 minutes. Immediately remove tacos from cookie sheets; drape two tacos, side by side, over each prepared book. Press gently to fold.
- Cool; remove from books. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For filling; combine fruit and sugar. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- For chocolate sauce; in a small saucepan over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate with butter and milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Fill each taco with whipped cream and 1/4 cup fruit. Top with chocolate sauce.