Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Mexican Fiesta booklet. Hot & spicy but easy too; starts with a bag of frozen fries.
Make and share this Taco Chili Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen french fries
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa, any variety
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Follow package directions for baking fries. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in medium skillet over medium-high heat, adding the 2 taco seasoning mix packages along with the 1 1/2 cups water. Cook 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Spoon salsa, beans, black olives, diced green chilies, cheese and sour cream into separate bowls. Place fries in large bowl near meat mixture and toppings. Using heat-resistant ceramic plates, allow guests to create their own chili fries with meat and toppings. Hold back on the sour cream until after mixture has been broiled.
- Place ceramic plate under broiler about 4 minutes or until fries reheat and cheese melts. Top with sour cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
WOO HOO! We absolutely loved this dish. After one bite my hubby said, and I quote, "You can feel free to make this again...soon!" Like wicked cook 46, I used jalapeÃ±os in place of green chilis, as we can't get them here in Auckland. Our choice of salsa was a lovely salsa verde. I also added a few chopped tomatoes to the dish just before grilling in the oven. What a nice and easy dinner. Made for ZWT 5! Thanks.
Plus a few more stars. I did have to make changes. I used homemade fries and deep fried them. Plus used kidney beans ( thought I had black beans UGH) and fresh jalepenos instead of the canned green chilis. I also added a bit of chopped onions. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY Made for Newest Zaar Tag march 2009