Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This makes a great gift, layer all of the dry ingredients in a jar. Glue some pretty paper with the rest of the ingredients and directions on the side of the jar. EASY GIFT!
Taco Chili Mix
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried pinto bean
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn or 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) packettaco chili seasoning mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- For the mix: In a 1-quart wide mouth jar, layer kidney and pinto beans.
- In a small bowl, combine taco seasoning mix, dried salad dressing mix, onion, chili powder, and cumin. Wrap seasonings in plastic wrap or cellophane and place in jar.
- Put chips in a bag and place in jar. Decorate with ribbon or fabric.
- For the chili: Place beans in a large bowl, cover with water and soak 6 to 8 hours, or overnight. Drain and add to a Dutch oven. Add seasoning packet, water, diced tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce, and ground beef.
- Heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Serve with corn or tortilla chips.