2 hrs 10 mins
This is a recipe that Paula Dean makes. It is good. My husband and kids love it. It is definetly worth trying. When I make it, I don't use the dry beans that have to soak, I just use canned beans that have been rinsed. I also don't measure out the amount called for, I use one can of each kind of beans. Makes life easier. The cooking time includes browning the beef and using dry beans. It only takes about 45 minutes of simmering for canned beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dried pinto bean
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Place beans in a large bowl, cover with water and soak 6 to 8 hours, or overnight. Drain and add to a Dutch oven.
- 2Add everything else to the pot.
- 3Heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours, or until beans are tender.
- 4Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
- 5**If using canned beans, you won't need to let simmer for 2 hours. I would say about 45 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Chili
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1025.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix