Prep 7 mins
Cook 13 mins
You can make the salsa ahead of time, just don't add the avocado until ready to serve in order to preserve it's color and texture.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (with red and green peppers)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Reserve 2 tsp of the taco seasoning mix in medium bowl.
- Coat chicken with remaining taco seasoning mix.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in oil 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- While chicken is cooking, add remaining ingredients to reserved taco seasoning mix; toss gently.
- Serve salsa over chicken.