Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is spiced-up version of a recipe I found on a supermarket recipe leaflet. I find the seasoning is enough for 3 lbs or maybe some more, wings.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lbs chicken wings (tips removed)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a plastic bag mix together the taco seasoning mix, cornstarch, cornmeal, chili, cumin and oregano.
- Add several wings to the bag and shake to give it a coating, repeat with the rest of the drumettes.
- Place the wings in a single layer on a greased baking sheet(s).
- Bake for approx 50 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
My husband and I LOVED these. Who would have thought of doing taco wings? Not me! Glad someone did though, these were great. Very easy but delicious. The skin was nice and crispy with great flavor. These are definitely going into the keeper file. Thanks so much for posting!
Yummers! I did an appy party with recipes from Pets. Wow! What a success! These disappeared instantly. I didn't have the cornmeal on hand so skipped it. Didn't seem to make a difference for this crowd! lol. Some people liked ranch dressing as a dip - I thought that they were perfect as is. Thanks again Pets for a great winner. Made for Cook-a-thon for Pets'R'us.
I thought this was a really nice idea and change from how I usually make wings. I used smeed instead of cornmeal and skipped the cornstarch. These were spicy enough for me because i made sure they would be lool.