Recipe by B-B-Q Man
A zesty mexican style soup. It is a simple slow-cooker recipe that only takes a few minutes to put together. I got this recipe from a co-worker and then added a couple of touches of my own.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Very thick and filling soup. I added around 3-4 cups of diced chicken and an extra 20 ounces of chicken broth. This makes a very large batch of soup, so invite the neighbors! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup (July '10-Jan '11)
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large yellow onion, large dice
- 2 (1 ounce) packetslawry's taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- hot sauce (optional)
- green onion, cut thinly on bias (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, and onion.
- Stir in spices, then add chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours or High 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred or cut into bit size pieces, return to soup.
- Add hot sauce if you are using it, or just serve it on the side.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and your favorite taco toppings.