Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Everytime I run across this recipe in my Quick Cooking (2003) cookbook, I always want to make it, but just have never gotten to it! It just looks like it would be so good, and the picture makes them look like big falafels on the outside!
- 1 cup Cheez-It crackers, finely crushed (or other cheese-flavored crackers)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 6 (2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into six 2-inch x1/2-inch sticks
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- In shallow dish, combine cracker crumbs & taco seasoning; set aside.
- Flatten chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Place a cheese stick and about 1 tablespoon chiles on each piece of chicken. Tuck ends of chicken in and roll up; secure with a toothpick. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. Place in greased 13x9x2 backing dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks & serve.
I was a little nervous about the chiles, but I shouldn't have been - this chicken was so delicious! I will be making this a lot from now on. Thank you!