Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i adopted this recipe and am not sure what to do with the salsa and ranch dressing.....mix it together? if anyone tries this let me know and i will edit...
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a large skillet on a medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken and add chili powder.
- Cook until chicken is brown on all sides.
- Toss chicken mixture in a large bowl with the green salad.
- Add dressing and cheese.
- Toss well together.
- Place in 6 individual plates.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips before serving.
Hi there Kimbearly! I made this last night for dinner. I used 2 chicken breasts (they weren't very big).... making two salads. The recipe said to fry the chicken in a skillet, but I coated them with chili powder, salt-n-pepper and baked them in the oven. I didn't kow if my SO, would like the salsa and dressing mixed together, so I served them on the side. I think by the recipe, the original poster, probably meant to mix them together. I'm not sure though. Thanks for the great dinner. It was easy! I'll make this again.