Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is always one of the first things to disappear during parties! (If you use the egg substitute and no butter it won't be as crispy, but will be low fat.)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (can omit)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into nuggets
- picante sauce
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix crumbs, taco seasonings and butter.
- Dip nuggets into egg, then into crumbs, coating evenly.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes til chicken is done and coating is crisp.
- Serve with Picante Sauce for dipping.
Yum! best describes this tasty appetizer. I went the 'whole hog' and used the melted butter and the egg. I served with a jar of mild salsa. I also plan to make these at a work party we are having in the next few weeks. Thanks for posting!
Great spicy chicken nuggets. This was our supper the other night. I serve with medium salsa. The coating turned out crisp and crunchy. I liked that they were baked and not fried--less mess to clean up. Thanks Junebug.
What a great idea, the taco seasoning!! i used the egg and left the butter out, they were wonderfull and crisp. You were right they did disappear very quickly, served them as suggested with a medium picante sauce. will certainly do these again, thanks for sharing Junebug!!