Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
from points recipes.com
- 1 onion, chopped
- 453.59 g black beans, canned
- 453.59 g kidney beans, canned
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 226.79 g package corn kernels
- 2 (793.78 g) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 packet , spicy or 1 packet mild taco seasoning
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- chili pepper, chopped (if you want spicy)
- cilantro (diced)
- Combine most of the ingredients (the beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning) in a crock pot (also known as a slow cooker).
- Set the skinned and boned chicken on top & cover it.
- Cook on low heat for 10 hours, also you could do it quicker on high heat for 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken and rip it up. Then put the chicken back into the slow cooker and mix inches Top the chili with fresh cilantro. Feel free to utilize low fat cheese and sour cream as a topping.
This was fantastic! I was surprised how much it seemed to thicken after the shredded chicken was added back to the pot. The spices were just right, although DH requested that it be hotter next time, so I will probably add a serrano pepper or two in the future. Otherwise, I made no changes and we were very happy with the results. Thanks!