Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the grocery store. This has become one of my favorite quick fix dinners. We serve this over white rice or angel hair pasta and use Mexi-corn as a side dish.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄3 cup peach preserves
- Empty Taco Seasoning on a plate or plastic bag.
- Add Chicken strips and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and saute' 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Stir in tomato and preserves.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.