Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy way to create leftover chicken into a main dish. This can also be expanded, as You experiment with it. I have made it in a 13x9 pan with no problem by just increasing the ingredients. Some tasty variations include the addition of cumin,cilantro,jalapeno, etc...
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (Do not drain)
- taco flavored doritos tortilla chips (or any other flavor depending on taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby cheese
- butter or margarine
- Generously grease bottom and sides of an 8x8 pan using butter or margarine (DO NOT USE SPRAY TYPES).
- Crush enough tortilla chips to line bottom of pan.
- Place cooked chicken on top of tortilla chips.
- Dice onion, and sprinkle over the cooked chicken.
- Make soup according to directions without cooking.
- Blend in undrained Rotel tomatoes into soup.
- Pour the soup and tomato mixture over the top of the onion,chicken,and tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Excellent recipe! 5 copies of this passed around @ Raynor Garage Doors!