Joe Bob Mac's Note:
An easy way to create leftover chicken into a main dish. This can also be expanded, as You experiment with it. I have made it in a 13x9 pan with no problem by just increasing the ingredients. Some tasty variations include the addition of cumin,cilantro,jalapeno, etc...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Generously grease bottom and sides of an 8x8 pan using butter or margarine (DO NOT USE SPRAY TYPES).
- 2Crush enough tortilla chips to line bottom of pan.
- 3Place cooked chicken on top of tortilla chips.
- 4Dice onion, and sprinkle over the cooked chicken.
- 5Make soup according to directions without cooking.
- 6Blend in undrained Rotel tomatoes into soup.
- 7Pour the soup and tomato mixture over the top of the onion,chicken,and tortilla chips.
- 8Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- 9Cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 1140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 30.6 g