1/8 Photos of Taco Cheesecake
24 hrs 35 mins
This appetizer proves that cheesecake is not just for dessert. Very good and the presentation of this is impressive. Enjoy! HELPFUL HINT: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands and avoid touching your face. Prep time includes overnight refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4-oz.)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe black olives
- 1Sprinkle bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan with cornmeal; set aside.
- 2In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 3Add the taco seasoning, sour cream and salsa.
- 4Stir in the eggs, pepper jack cheese and chilies.
- 5Fold in olives.
- 6Pour over cornmeal.
- 7Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 9Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- 10Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour.
- 11NOTE: top of cheesecake may crack.
- 12Refrigerate overnight.
- 13Remove sides of pan.
- 14Spread sour cream over top and sides of cheesecake.
- 15Arrange olives, onions, tomatoes and jalapeno slices on top in a circular motion.
- 16I do tomatoes on the outer edge, then green onion, jalapeno, then scatter black olives randomly, within the circle.
- 17Serve with assorted crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 263.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: