Recipe by paula&matt
Source: Gold Medal Flour
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I was a little hesitant to try making this bread because I don't have a bread machine, but it caught my interest and I'm glad I tried it. The bread turned out beautifully and was really delicious. I mixed all the ingredients together, kneaded the dough very well and let it rise for about 4 hours. It only took about 35 minutes to bake it. The aroma of the bread baking was heavenly! I served this with Beef Noodle Paprikash and steamed broccoli. It was a delicious meal.
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machines pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle.
- Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Do not use delay cycles.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on rack.
- NOTE: This recipe is not recommended for 1 1/2 pound bread machines with cast-aluminum pans in horizontal-loaf.