Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy Mexican Taco Casserole Dish... uses Jiffy cornbread mix and French's Fried Onions... Pretty easy to make & very tasty!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1 (7 ounce) canortega diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageortega taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine beef, tomato sauce, chiles, corn, onion and taco seasoning in medium bowl; mix well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, adding 1/2 of french fried onions. Drop by spoonfuls on top of beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
- Sprinkle remaining french fried onions and cheese over casserole and continue baking, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden brown.
The cornbread overpowered the flavors of the taco mixture. Also, it was very dried out.
This was sooo easy and delicious!! I personally dont like onions so I didnt use them. I did put some diced potatoes in with the ground beef and corn and I used honey sweet corn bread instead of the regular kind. I had a little of both spicy and sweet in the dish! I will make this again! It was sooo good and made great leftovers for the next day's lunch! Thanks for sharing!