Yummy Mexican-inspired casserole. The meat mixture can be made ahead, so that, after work all all you have to do it put it in the dish, mix up the cornbread topping and bake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Brown ground beef and drain. Return to skillet, add onions & peppers and cook until vegetables are soft.
- 2Add corn, tomato sauce, corn and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook, over med about 15 minutes to reduce liquid.
- 3Spoon into baking dish and top with cheese.
- 4Mix cornmeal, flour baking powder and salt together in mixing bowl. Add egg and milk and then add butter and blend. Pour over meat mixture.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes at 375°F.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole With Cornbread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.9 mg
- Sodium 1061.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 37.5 g