Recipe by Shannon
This recipe is my own creation. It works great with the pre-packaged taco kits. If you like the crust a little softer, add more taco sauce and bake for a few more minutes.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Yummy- this was really good. My family loved this. I had a half a bag of Tostitos so I used those. I crushed them up instead of taco shells. I also didn't add the onion as I didn't notice it until I was finished cooking. I used Recipe #154235 for the taco seasoning. My family really enjoyed this. We thought the can of diced tomatoes was a bit much, I would just use a bit less next time. We will be making more often.
- 12 corn crunchy taco shells
- 1 jar taco sauce (not salsa)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and the water.
- Simmer until water is cooked away.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crunch taco shells into pan.
- This will be the crust.
- Spread beef and onion over taco shells evenly.
- Add tomatoes evenly over beef.
- Add about 1/2 of the jar of taco sauce.
- Spread over tomatoes.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake for approx.
- 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.