1/1 Photo of Taco Casserole for the Crock Pot
3 hrs 15 mins
Sandy in Houston's Note:
The crock pot is my friend and I use it every chance I get. This smells so good cooking and its great for those cold winter days! Great for summer days too. hehe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 (5 1/2 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (corn with red and green peppers)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can chopped ripe olives
- sour cream
- 1Spray inside of 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain well. Stir in taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- 3Place 3 tortillas in bottom of crock pot. Top with beef mixture, broth, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer 3 more tortillas. Top with beans, corn, green chiles, half of the olives and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4Top with remaining 3 tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and olives.
- 5Cook on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low setting for 6 to 7 hours. Uncover crock pot for last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- 6Top individual servings with sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 1124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 34.5 g