The crock pot is my friend and I use it every chance I get. This smells so good cooking and its great for those cold winter days! Great for summer days too. hehe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 (5 1/2 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (corn with red and green peppers)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives
- sour cream
- Spray inside of 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain well. Stir in taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of crock pot. Top with beef mixture, broth, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer 3 more tortillas. Top with beans, corn, green chiles, half of the olives and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and olives.
- Cook on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low setting for 6 to 7 hours. Uncover crock pot for last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Top individual servings with sour cream.