Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The crock pot is my friend and I use it every chance I get. This smells so good cooking and its great for those cold winter days! Great for summer days too. hehe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 (5 1/2 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (corn with red and green peppers)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives
- sour cream
- Spray inside of 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain well. Stir in taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of crock pot. Top with beef mixture, broth, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer 3 more tortillas. Top with beans, corn, green chiles, half of the olives and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining 3 tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and olives.
- Cook on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low setting for 6 to 7 hours. Uncover crock pot for last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Top individual servings with sour cream.
Delicious! Great flavor and easy to make. It didn't turn "mushy" loke some crockpot casseroles; the layers held up. It's important to generously spray your crockpot. I used homemade enchilada sauce, so I spread a little extra over the last layer of tortillas (before the cheese). I was out of black olives so I had to leave them out, but I'll add them next time. Thanx for posting!
This was GREAT!! Will make this often. Easy and warms up nicely. Thanks for sharing.
This was very tasty. I left out the beans--don't like them in my family but kept everything else and added 2 chilis in adobo. I used my warming oven to slow cook this. Put on low for 5 hours, then went to high for one high. Kids loved this. Thanks for sharing. Easy to prepare and walk away from and let the slow cooker do all the work. Easy clean up, too.