Recipe by PuglyDuckling
My family loves this dish and I love that it's easy to throw together. I serve it with a side salad for a complete meal. It's a great alternative to traditional tacos.
Top Review by Hencoll
This recipe was a big hit in my home tonight. I changed a few things to cut calories and fat. I used baked tortilla chips. I used lean ground turkey, cut out the mayo and added seasoned diced tomatoes, salsa and a little taco seasoning to the browned turkey.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain grease.
- Add salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder; mix well.
- In an ungreased 2 qt baking dish, layer 1/2 of meat, chips and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with tomato, lettuce and sour cream.
- Can substitute 1 envelope taco seasoning for chili powder; adjust salsa and mayo to desired consistency.