Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this dish and I love that it's easy to throw together. I serve it with a side salad for a complete meal. It's a great alternative to traditional tacos.
- Brown ground beef and drain grease.
- Add salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder; mix well.
- In an ungreased 2 qt baking dish, layer 1/2 of meat, chips and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with tomato, lettuce and sour cream.
- Can substitute 1 envelope taco seasoning for chili powder; adjust salsa and mayo to desired consistency.
This recipe was a big hit in my home tonight. I changed a few things to cut calories and fat. I used baked tortilla chips. I used lean ground turkey, cut out the mayo and added seasoned diced tomatoes, salsa and a little taco seasoning to the browned turkey.
I REALLY liked this !! Not too spicy , with a nice crunch from the tortilla chips . It was very quick and easy too . I will be using this one again !
This recipe is really good! My husband loved it. I thought it was too rich, so I might cut out at least some of the mayo next time and replace it with tomatoes. I loved how easy it was to make, and it keeps well for leftovers, which is surprising since taco chips usually get so soggy.