Recipe by Kaccy G.
This recipe offers both appealing taste and texture. Seasonings spice up the filling, and layers of taco shells give it crunch.
Top Review by * Pamela *
Yummy! The whole house smelled delicious as it was baking! I did not use the olives, my family will not eat them. I also used mild salsa instead of taco sauce. In place of the broken taco shells I used some broken Dorito Zesty Cheese nacho chips, my husband's favorite! Thank you for posting this great and eay to make recipe, I will be making this again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup thick & smooth taco sauce, medium
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained,divided
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12 count) package taco shells, broken
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COOK beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- LAYER half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.