Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag are perfect for this casserole. They're already coarsely broken.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce or 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups coarsley broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- shredded lettuce
- additional taco sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in ungreased 2 quart casserole.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Spread with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with onions tomato and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Arrange additional tortilla chips around edge of casserole if desired.
- Serve with lettuce and taco sauce.
This was a fast easy supper and so very, very good! I made it exactly as the recipe called for except I added two little chili peppers, finely chopped, since both my husband and I like things "spicy". The chili peppers just gave it a little "zing", but it wasn't overly spicey. Thank you fluffy for sharing this recipe
Great dish...only difference I did was to add a can of chopped green chilies. Thanks for such a tasty and easy recipe!
Great tasting and easy recipe! My family loved it!