Recipe by John Somers
Can't remember where I got this but I've been doing it for years. Do it once, and get ready to do doubles. It's usually the first thing to go.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can mild jalapeno, chopped
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- taco cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- brown ground beef in skilllet.
- add water and taco seasoning.
- cook till reduced by half.
- set aside.
- In a 9x12 greased casserole dish.
- spread refried beans evenly.
- add (IN ORDER) lettuce, onion, Jalepeno peppers.
- top with ground beef mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- add Taco cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or till cheese melts.
- serve with Taco chips of your choice.