Recipe by zackmama
I was looking for an easy way to use ingredients I had in my pantry. This was it. My son loved it so much he made me post it online.
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables, I used the TJ's frozen peas, carrots, corn blend
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce, I used mild
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, lightly drained
- 1 (16 ounce) packagemarie callender's cornbread mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey until cooked through. While cooking, drain beans and mix with spices. Drain fat off of meat and add picante sauce and black beans, stir well and simmer on low heat. Add 3/4 of shredded cheese. Stir lightly. Mix cornbread mix with water and set aside.
- Spray a 9x12 pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Remove ground turkey mixture from stove and pour evenly into bottom of greased pyrex dish. Add frozen veggies on top of meat mixture. Add remaining cheese. Pour mixed corn bread ontop of frozen veggies. Bake in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes or unitl golden brown. Crust should be firm but not too dry. Enjoy!