Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Mexican casserole with a soft crust.....one of our household favorites!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 2 cups taco flavor Doritos
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add the taco seasoning and water. Mix together and add sour cream. Mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan and press the crescent rolls in bottom of the pan. Add the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the meat and top with the crushed doritos.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the crescent rolls are browned. Serve with different taco toppings, e.g. sour cream, salsa, lettuce, taco sauce, etc.
The whole family loved this casserole. I made as written and added nothing else. LOVED the crescent roll bottom!! My DH brought the leftovers to work and called to tell me that the bottom did not get soggy overnight and his helper gave it 5 stars!! made for Spring PAC,2011.
Easy and fun to make. I added chopped onions and garlic to the beef mixture to add more flavor. Garnished with usual taco toppings, it was pretty good, but the center of my crust was a little soggy and my Dorito topping burned at some places. Next time, I'd bake at 375 (like the crescent package suggests) and not add the crushed Dorito topping until the last 10 minutes of baking. Thanx for a cute recipe!
This was delicious. It was so quick and easy to put together. This is definetly a keeper!! I love the use of the crescent rolls instead of using tortillas like most mexican casseroles. Thanks so much for sharing.