Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was actually created by using my left overs with a few fresh ingredients. My husband loved it!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 ounce taco seasoning, typical packet of taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 6 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 tablespoon southwest seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican rice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Slice 6 Grand bisquits horizontally and lay out in the bottom of the casserole dish to create the crust.
- Sprinkle with Southwestern seasoning and onion salt.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brown meat, drain. Add 1 packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 c chicken broth. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Layer over bisquits --
- Spread 1 C refried black beans over bisquits.
- Add a layer of meat then rice then the cheese.
- Return to oven for an additional 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with salsa drizzled over the top.
- "NOTE" I like to use Archer Farms Cilantro Lime Rice found at Target.
- Could also add black olives and/or sour cream for a topping.
Hubby and I made this for dinner, and we really loved it. We didn't have the black beans, so those were omitted, and hubby accidentally put the rice layer on before the meat layer, but none of that mattered, because we still thought it was delicious. It made enough to feed us again tomorrow night; add a salad and you have a meal. Thanks so much for submitting; we'll be making this again!