Recipe by MizzNezz
I take this to a lot of pot-lucks. It is always one of the first things gone! The kids love this!
Top Review by vverkin925
This is an absolute kid pleaser!! My daughter was back for seconds before I got to the table! The only change I made was to use a whole jar of chunky salsa instead of the tomato paste. I served with sour cream. Excellent recipe!
- 10 taco shells, broken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 8 stuffed green olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1/2 the broken shells in 2 qt greased casserole.
- In skillet, brown beef, drain.
- Add taco seasoning, water, and onion.
- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Spoon into casserole; sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Add remaining broken shells; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Arrange the tomatoes and olives over the cheese.
- Bake at 350*F for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.